Junior Music at Home 17
Name-based Body Percussion | You've got a Friend in Me
Enjoy these structured musical activities that we have prepared especially for you to continue your learning at home...
- Can’t see the videos?
If you're accessing this page from a school network, find out more here.
1. Name-based Body Percussion
Take a look at this body percussion name-based rhythm activity from The Beat Goes On – it's a quick engaging activity to switch on your musical brain!
- Compose | after watching the video (just under 2 minutes long) encourage pupils to make up their own name groove. You could add these all together if you are on a whole class Zoom or Teams session
- Combine | if you are teaching a whole class online (using Zoom or Teams etc...) you could add these all together.
2. You've got a Friend in Me
Whilst we have not been able to sing as much or as loudly as we want to in recent months we have explored more ways to join in with songs.
Watch this video of You've got a Friend in Me using Makaton signs.
- Join in | Learn the signs and join in with the video
- if your class takes part in one of our Wider opportunities programmes they will already have learnt some Makaton signs in songs but many of these are new words so they will not get bored.
- This song also ties in well with the emotional health and wellbeing focus
Continue your musical learning with us with more Music at Home, or find out how you could start learning to play a musical instrument.
Music activities and resources for children aged 7-11 that can be done at home
Find out how your child can learn to sing or to play a musical instrument, with a range financial bursaries and instrumental loans available to support tuition.