Wider Opportunities | Book for 2021-22!
Our 30-week programmes of whole class instrumental teaching, delivered by specially trained teachers, can be a valuable part of your school’s recovery plan
Music is central to the recovery curriculum, playing a role in helping pupils explore and express the emotions and challenges experienced during the pandemic – building stronger relationships within schools and with families.
Music during the COVID-19 pandemic
We are committed to ensuring that musical activity is safe to undertake in schools during the COVID-19 pandemic. See our Guidance for schools page for the latest advice and updates for singing, whole-class and instrumental teaching.
We offer programmes of Wider Opportunities in four instrumental categories:
- Woodwind − Fife, Flute, Oboe and Clarinet
Brass − Trumpet, Cornet, Trombone, Baritone and/or Euphonium
Strings − Violin, Viola, Cello and/or Double Bass; Ukulele
World Percussion − Djembe (African drums); Samba Band; Steel Pans
Year-long programmes consist of 30x 45-minute lessons spread over three terms, timetabled at a convenient time for you.
A class set of instruments will also be provided along with any resources for follow-up activities.
Benefits for schools and pupils
- Self-confidence | Pupils are taught within a normal classroom situation where their self-confidence grows as they learn alongside each other and their teachers.
- Skills | Pupils develop their musical skills in a creative way, participating in rhythm games and singing and learning to play instruments.
- Shared success | Performances are planned into the programme, giving parents the opportunities to share in their children's success.
- Training | Class teachers get 'in house' professional development which augments and supports music provision in school.
- Continued learning | There is the opportunity to continue instrumental tuition after the programme has ended.
A broad and balanced curriculum...
Children who lack confidence in academic subjects have been boosted by having an area they can excel.
Chellaston Fields Spencer Academy
Develops their confidence, self-esteem and participation in all lessons.
Old Hall Junior School
It was very impressive how quickly pupils learned to play in harmony and with perfect timing.
St. Mary's CV Academy
In the strangest of times this has given our children a high-quality musical experience.
Booking your Wider Opportunities programmes...
Booking for 2021-22 is now open. Follow the button link below to book online.
Book your Wider Opportunities programme online...
- £100 morning discount
There is a discount of £100 if booking a morning slot for your lesson.
This page is for schools only
If you are a parent wanting to know more about instrumental tuition for your children, please click here to find out more