CPD for secondary teachers
CPD services and courses for secondary school teachers.
The Derby & Derbyshire Music Partnership is committed to providing CPD opportunities to primary schools to support the development and delivery of classroom musical activities by school staff, in accordance with Extension Role 1 of the National Plan for Music Education − "Offer CPD to school staff, particularly in supporting schools to deliver music in the curriculum."
The Music Partnership is led by a School Improvement Adviser and a Curriculum Consultant who share a wealth of knowledge and experience in music education, and has many highly trained individuals delivering excellent quality musical lessons and activities.
There are a range of services available for secondary teachers, including:
- MEHEM Conference 2020 – #Conference2020
Music Hubs in the East Midlands have joined forces to host an exciting conference for all phases of music education, exploring Cultural Capital and the new Ofsted framework
- The Annual Secondary Music Teachers' Conference - Usually in the last week before the October half term, this event features a range of workshops and activities as well as providing the opportunity to discuss ideas and share knowledge.
- Music Partnership consultancy - The Music Partnership offers two hours of free consultancy time to review secondary music curriculum and offer tailored support.
- Resources and schemes of work - The Music Partnership shares quality resources and schemes of work to aid classroom teaching.
- Communication networks - Email and Facebook networks for teachers to ask questions, discuss and share ideas. Email addresses are kept confidential and admission to the Secondary Teachers' Facebook Group is verified. Please email us if you're interested in joining one of these networks.
Bespoke CPD for schools
The Music Partnership offers bespoke CPD services tailored to your schools individual needs. To begin a dialogue with the Music Partnership in advance of organising this, please complete the e-form below.
Speak to us about bespoke CPD for your school using our online enquiries form