Infant Music at Home 1
Listening to music | Performing music | Listening to your surroundings | Singing | Make and create
Enjoy these structured musical activities that we have prepared especially for you to continue your learning at home...
- Can’t see the videos?
If you're accessing this page from a school network, find out more here.
Listening to music
Choose a song to listen to (or get an adult to choose one)...
- Draw a picture of what you think of
- Write down some musical words about what you hear. Have a discussion about whether the music is fast or slow, if you can hear any singing etc...
Share your work with us!
We'd love to see the work you've done! Head over to our Facebook Page to send us a message or use this direct link to our messenger and share your pictures and videos. We'll try to reply to all messages, and will choose some examples to share with our followers.
Watch the video below and have a go at singing and playing along
Listening to your surroundings
If you can, go outside into your garden or even just open the window...
- What sounds can you hear?
- Draw a picture of what you hear, and don't be afraid to use your imagination!
- Think about what sort of music would go with what you hear...
Make up a song about washing your hands. You can use a well-known tune or come up with one of your own. Get someone to time how long it takes to sing whilst you actually wash your hands.
Make and create
Watch the video below about making homemade instruments. Choose one to make and then create a piece of music using loud and soft sounds, and going at fast and slow speeds.